Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome to the First Posting

I will start off by saying that I think Heidi Briscoe is my hero. She is a wonderful wife, mother, family member and friend! Many things she has taught me, and I will eventually post more of these (if people read this).

The thing she taught me this week, is two fold. First she taught me many things about baking (one of which I STILL have one of her 10" round pans) and the other is about friendship. The baking lesson that she inspired, was how to make a cake, and love what I do. This week, I made a cupcake cake which has about 400 mini cupcakes. While making the cupcakes I utilized the many tid-bits of information that she has provided over the couple years that I have known her. So, to make the cupcakes, I used bakery bags (which she showed me how to use) to put the cake batter into the little tiny cups. I also used Wilsons colors to color the icing that went on top of them, and the idea that you make a diagram of what you are making then try and make it.

The other lesson that I learned from her is that friendships can be painful as well as a blessing. Being generous with your friendships allow yourself to grow as a person and that your love can grow as well. I have looked at what she has given me (even just speaking in cakes) and am in total awe of what she has done and who she is. 8 months pregnant she made my wedding and grooms cakes. She has made cake after cake after cake that is just totally amazing! When my sewing machine stops working efficiently she looks at me and say "I can fix that!" When I am in a quandry about how to do something around the house, I call her and ask her advice (doesn't happen much, but when it does, I know who to call). She is the type of friend that gives and gives and gives! And I count myself extremely lucky to call her one of my TRUE girlfriends!

Heidi, I love you and this blog is dedicated to you! (and since I will be working less, I can post about how great you are everytime you make my life that much easier!)

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing and eventually I would love to do a guest post on here. Mine would be about how people in Idaho think that I am amazing because of the things that I learned from Heidi. I can't wait to read the next post :)

    ReplyDelete